Copyright Info

Everything here, including text, photographs, designs, and graphics, are Copyright © Stacey King, except where otherwise noted. They are shared for personal use and inspiration only. Please do not copy ANYTHING on this site without my permission. Thanks!

Way cool people who follow my blog!

Search & Win


Low budget/no budget marketing resources from Punk Poultry Media

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hanging Heart Pouch

I know, I know. I said I'm not a hearts-and-roses type of person, and I'm not. But sometimes hearts and roses are nearly unavoidable, especially when it's for a challenge to make a heart-shaped pouch and the only two current DSPs you have are Bella Rose and Urban Garden. Since Urban Garden didn't really fit the theme, I went with the Bella Rose.

This idea originated, I believe, with Barb Mullikin. You can see her blog post with details on construction here. I don't have that BigShot die (bummer!), so mine is cut by hand. The up side is mine doesn't have unnecessary score lines to hide.

Here's another view of mine (click on both photos to see a larger version):
The body is cut from Pink Pirouette cardstock. For the embossed dots, I measured and marked very lightly on the inside where I wanted my dots, then squeezed each mark in my Crop-A-Dile (A3 setting with the pin on the outside). I also have the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder that would have worked well, but this was for a SUO challenge (Stampin' Up! Only).

The 'button' in the center of the rosette is made in the faux chipboard style: four 3/4" circles stacked and glued, then edges sanded smooth (exactly like in my paper buttons video except I didn't punch button holes). After everything was nicely rounded, I pressed the entire top surface into my Versamark ink pad, dipped it in clear embossing powder, and embossed. Then I Versamarked, powdered, and embossed again, so it ended up nice and smooth and shiny! (the back side is not embossed--just to clarify).

One note on the detail of the tied-in-the-middle ribbon. It actually looks great, but it was an accident. I cut the first length of ribbon too short to tie through the tabs on both sides and still have a handle with which to hang it. So instead of wasting a piece of ribbon, I cut another short piece and tied them together. For once a goof-up that worked for me, rather than against me!

Of course I had to add some chocolate kisses, too. It doesn't hang well if there's nothing in it.

Ingredients (all SU!):
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette (body & button), Riding Hood Red (side tabs), Kiwi Kiss (leaves), Whisper White (scalloped detail)
Designer paper: Bella Rose
Punches: Scallop Edge, Round Tab, 3/4" Circle, 5-Petal Flower (leaves)
Other: 5/8" Old Olive ribbon, white gel pen, Old Olive marker, Crop-A-Dile

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: