Copyright Info

Everything here, including text, photographs, designs, and graphics, are Copyright © Stacey King, except where otherwise noted. They are shared for personal use and inspiration only. Please do not copy ANYTHING on this site without my permission. Thanks!

Way cool people who follow my blog!

Search & Win


Low budget/no budget marketing resources from Punk Poultry Media

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Semi-Traditional Non-Standard Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day cards are not my favorite thing to make, mostly because I am so totally not a hearts-and-roses kind of person. So how about a semi-non-traditional valentine card? (Click on the picture to see a bigger version!)

As far as hearts go, I have to make an exception for the heart in the Always set. It's just beautiful and will probably 'always' be one of my favorites (*snerk*). Here I stamped it on white cardstock with white craft ink, and embossed it with white embossing powder. Then I used sponge daubers and ink pads to tap color over the embossed image, overlapping the colors a smidge so they blended. Added the red accents with marker and cut it out. The rest is just squares and punches.

Ingredients (all SU!):
Stamps: Always, Happy Heart Day
Cardstock: Certainly Celery card base, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Craft White, Lovely Lilac, C.Celery, T.Turquoise Markers: L.Lilac, T.Turquoise, Real Red, Night of Navy
Punches: Small Tag, Ticket Corner, Scallop Edge
Other: White embossing powder, sponge daubers, Real Red ribbon, hemp twine

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Stampin_melissa said...

Lovely card Stacey! I have to admit I'm not a heart n roses kind of gal myself. I love to see others' creations, but can never seem to put them on my artwork in a way that I really like.

Jana O'Brien said...

Love the heart, and the colors are great!