Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Isn't this great?! I'm so pleased with how this turned out.
This is an expense record book for our upcoming trip. Each page is a pocket for holding money and/or receipts. Printed on each pocket is space to record budgeted and actual expenses, with six different categories (Meals, Snacks, Fuel, Lodging, Entertainment, and Vehicle Maintenance).
Again, I thoroughly expect this to be abused on the trip, kicked around the floorboards, stuffed into the center console or glove compartment, etc. So I didn't use my good cardstock. I used the el-cheap-o stuff from a mega-pack I bought for my daughter to use (which is so flimsy, I had to use two layers for the front and back covers). The map was printed on plain printer paper from Google. License plate and letters were cut with a Coluzzle template. Ink and markers are SU!
Here's a pic of the inside:
So we're planning a trip to Florida this summer... and we're driving... and I'm trying to come up with some activities to keep the kiddos busy that don't take up a lot of space. This is one such endeavor. Two games in one tin--> Tic-Tac-Toe and Tac-Tix (very addictive online version found here.) Each game piece consists of two circles of kraft CS, one circle of the stamped colored CS, and one circle of self-adhesive magnetic backing, all stacked up to give them some thickness. I fully expect the games to be abused during the 40+ hours we'll be on the road, so I purposely kept it REALLY basic and easily replaceable. The game boards were printed from Photoshop on plain printer paper, cut out, with dried two-way glue on the backs. Both are stored on a single piece of acetate. Here's another pic:
I plan to make another version when we get home, with the game boards painted/decoupaged onto the outside of the tin, with better game pieces...
Sunday, June 15, 2008
I've been in a beach-minded mood this month (preparing for a vacation in Florida this summer), so that's what inspired this page--the colors anyway. I don't have a stamp set that I thought really fit with the photos I intend to put on the page, but "Life's a Breeze" is going on my next order. I thought about making it a Father's Day theme with Loads of Love, but decided against that idea. TITLE ADDED DIGITALLY in Photoshop. Font is 'Bud Easy'. I also didn't have any SU DSP that fit with my color scheme, so I made my own (WW paper, markers, and an acrylic grid). Probably will fade over time, I know.
Ingredients: Sahara Sand base, Brocade Blue, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, and Kraft cardstock, SU Markers, 1" Circle punch, 1¼" Circle Punch, Photo Corners Punch, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Five-Petal Flower Punch, brads, circle scissor, Celery and retired Bluebird quarter-inch grosgrain ribbon.
Techniques: Faux chipboard, DIY designer paper
Some detail shots below. Click to see larger version.
Blurry (sorry!) corner detail
Proof (kinda) that I striped the paper myself. If you look closely, you can see the green smudges.
Last, but not least, is the sketch I did for this challenge!
Thanks for looking!