Copyright Info

Everything here, including text, photographs, designs, and graphics, are Copyright © Stacey King, except where otherwise noted. They are shared for personal use and inspiration only. Please do not copy ANYTHING on this site without my permission. Thanks!

Way cool people who follow my blog!

Search & Win


Low budget/no budget marketing resources from Punk Poultry Media

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pretty Punched Thanks

*big satisfied sigh* This card turned out SO WELL!! (If I may say so...) Go ahead... click on the pic to see a larger version. Isn't it sweet? And I used ONLY scraps to create it! (Honest!) I made it for this month's WICKED color combo challenge in the demo forum at SCS.

This was my first attempt at dyeing ribbon. I started out putting the ribbon on my Baja inkpad and using a sponge dauber to pounce it into the ink, but I got better ink coverage on the top, where I was pouncing, so I moved the ribbon to my work surface (on grid paper), and just added ink that way. The gradation was a happy accident (don't you love those?).

Check out this post for a tutorial on how to make the flower.

INGREDIENTS (all SU!):
Cardstock: Scraps of Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy
Stamp (sentiment): Short & Sweet
Ink: C.Coral, B.Breeze, S.Saffron, N.Q.Navy, C.Caramel, Craft White
Markers: C. Coral, C.Cocoa, O.Olive, Gray
Punches: Five-petal Flower, 3/4" circle, Ticket Corner, Large Oval
Other: White gel pen, silver brad, white 1/4" ribbon

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: