Copyright Info

Everything here, including text, photographs, designs, and graphics, are Copyright © Stacey King, except where otherwise noted. They are shared for personal use and inspiration only. Please do not copy ANYTHING on this site without my permission. Thanks!

Way cool people who follow my blog!

Search & Win


Low budget/no budget marketing resources from Punk Poultry Media

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Desk Calendar

I'm certainly getting a lot of mileage out of scraps left over from the latest Scrapbook Class-In-A-Kit papers. This is another project done for challenge at SCS. The challenge was to create a desktop calendar using this tutorial as a jumping-off point. Stamp On This sells the coasters I used, along with some really useful little business-card-size calendars, but I've not ordered any for this year yet, so I had to make and print my own. And I think I like it better. This one has spaces for the days, rather than simply numbers, so you can make small notes or stamp in the days. (The spaces are just the right size to use the soon-retiring Occasions Collection hostess set to mark the days). Scroll to the bottom of this post for a link to a PDF file of the calendar.

Another cool design feature of a big calendar: You can have it slide out for ease of writing. Like this:
By the way, that blue square on the left is a photo mat. You can put a picture of your hamster there!

And here's what it looks like to people on the other side. Somewhat plain, but still interesting.

INGREDIENTS (all SU!):
Paper: B.Breeze, NQ.Navy, K.Kiss, W.White, Urban Garden DSP
Ink: NQ.Navy, K.Kiss, C.Caramel (distressing front medallion)
Stamps: Wanted
Accessories: Ticket Corner punch, Scallop Circle punch, Top Note die, 5/8" O.Olive grosgrain ribbon

And here's a link to a PDF file of the calendar: Stacey's Desk Calendar
Depending on your printer settings, you may need to choose 'Fit to Printer Margins' or 'Reduce to Printer Margins' in the Page Handling section of Adobe Reader's print dialogue box. You can even print all the months on one page from that print dialogue box, by choosing to print two sheets per page.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

mudmaven said...

What a great project. Love it! Thanks for the calendar pdf too - makes this easy peasy! I'll post mine when I get it done and point it back to your blog! ~chris

Jacqui said...

Stacey - I just got directed to your blog recently. I love it! Your work is amazing. I was wondering if you happen to have a pdf for the year 2010 for your desktop calendar.
Or any directions on how you made it and I could try and make my own 2010 calendar.
I made some of your flowers this week. They were awesome! Thanks so much for all the things you have shared.
Jacqui