Copyright Info

Everything here, including text, photographs, designs, and graphics, are Copyright © Stacey King, except where otherwise noted. They are shared for personal use and inspiration only. Please do not copy ANYTHING on this site without my permission. Thanks!

Way cool people who follow my blog!

Search & Win


Low budget/no budget marketing resources from Punk Poultry Media

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thanks-a-Daisy


Using up more scraps! This one is for today's demo challenge as SCS. Part of that challenge was NOT to use white or vanilla, which I found remarkably difficult.
What's really neat about these petals is that you can use your Large Oval, Wide Oval, or Round Tab punch to make them! You'll get slightly different petal shapes with each, so choose your favorite.

Ingredients (all SU!):
Paper: Regal Rose, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Urban Garden
Stamp: from Short & Sweet set
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Pink Passion, So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Creamy Caramel
Punches: Large Oval, 1" Circle
Other: Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, antique brass brads, sponge daubers, stampin' sponge wedge

Here's how to make the petals:
--Cut a strip of cardstock about an inch wide and score a line lengthwise down the center. Fold away from the score. This will create a little bump on the inside of the fold, which will resemble the center rib in a daisy petal when you're done.
--Put the folded cardstock in your punch with the folded edge inside the punch. If using an oval punch, line up the fold ABOVE the half-way point, and punch!

It's okay if your petals are slightly different sizes--that adds to the organic realism!



Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

mudmaven said...

Oh my - love this card. Thanks for sharing your technique. Gonna have to give this one a try for sure! ~chris

LeeAnn Greff said...

Da bomb!! Crazy daisies! Love this idea - so easy & very clever thinking. Thanks!

Jackie said...

I love that card - that's just brilliant! I will be making lots of these soon.

Daphni Ames said...

Thanks for sharing - love this idea. I am totally inspired by your punch art! Truth be told - when I can't sleep at night I lay awake thinking of card ideas - and now punch art ideas. LOL

Mercedes Weber said...

I just found your blog & it is absolutely FABULOUS!!! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!
Blessings,
Mercedes

Kay Hahn Casler said...

I'm subscribing to your sight! Wow, you are good! The flowers are great and I love using the punches too. Thanks so much for sharing!

Pam Wood said...

Oh my Gosh! You are so talented! I love your blog! Just found it today and I will be back!I would love to have an ounce of your creativity! thanks for sharing!

Cindy Jenkins said...

Hi...found your blog through somebody else's.
LOVE your Daisy!!! What a great idea!!! I'll have to give that one a try!!

Lia said...

Wow Stacey! What wonderfukl ideas you have! Thank you for sharing with us.

Hugs,
Lia

Tania Gould said...

Really love this and cant wait to give it a go! Thanks for showing how!

Kerrie Lightfoot said...

Thank you for sharing. Love this idea.

Unknown said...

This card is so pretty! I love the way that the petals can be changed! TFS