Ooohhh! I am SO proud of this one! This started as a 'small' embellishment for the kids-in-the-bluebonnets photos that nearly everyone who's ever spent a spring in Texas has. So I put this photo (which I took myself, crawling around on my elbows in a field by our library) in front of me, and looked at my punches:
I reached for my Five-Petal Flower punch (same punch used for my chrysanthemum). Each petal group consists of 3/5 of a five-petal flower punch--a two-petal group, then a single petal glued between them. Here's a close-up:
I used Ballet Blue cardstock, and sponged Lovely Lilac in the center before cutting petals apart. For the topmost petals, I used a combination of blue and white punched pieces. I sponged Ballet Blue in the center of white five-petal punches. The very tippytop white piece is just a corner of the new scalloped square punch.
For the grass, I used Mellow Moss and a hobby knife to cut the grass blades. Added center veins with my MM marker, then dragged the pieces across my MM ink pad.
Finally, as I was putting the page together, it occurred to me that I needed a bug. It's a flower and grass... we need a bug. As I was trying to figure out how to accomplish that gracefully (somehow my Bugs & Kisses stamps just wouldn't do), I noticed that the trio of petals on my bluebonnet sorta looked like the back end of a bee. So I got out my trusty Five-Petal punch again. YoYo Yellow butt...er, ABDOMEN, white wings, and a black 1/2" circle for the head. Wish I had a 3/8" circle punch, though. Stripes added with marker.
Finished the page off with some Styled Silver Hodgepodge and some white Taffeta Ribbon, and viola! A HUGE bluebonnet embellishment on an otherwise very simple page.