Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Click on any of these pics to see a bigger version!
I'm about to post the April 15 DSBC, but wanted to post pics and details here, first. This is a 'cutesy' page, and I guess I was sorta channeling the creative juice of Mary Engelbreit. You can't see it very well, but the squares at the bottom of the left-hand page are watermarked with the cherry stamp. I used faux chipboard for the center of the big loopy flower (I was going for the jumbo-brad look?) and the black paper buttons--except I used all colored cardstock instead of kraft. Title added in photoshop because I don't have pics in mind yet for this layout.
Materials used: Certainly Celery base; Summer Picnic DSP; Real Red, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock; Celery and Red markers; Versamark ink pad, Signo white gel pen; Photo Corners, Large Oval, Small Oval, 1" circle, 3/4" circle, and 1/16" handheld punches; Crop-A-Dile; Hemp twine; pretties kit brad
Scroll down to the next post to see the sketch.
Below, a detail of the big loopy flower. I stacked three 1" red circles and glued them together. Then I punched a hole in the center of the stack using the larger punch of the CAD. I then glued one more red circle on top. The hole is for the head of the brad that's holding the loops of the flower together. Plaid stripes and faux stitching added by hand with gel pen. Red circle is attached to the black loops with glue dots.
Below, a detail of the other flower. These are the small ovals left over from making the loopy flower above. I initially punched the 1/16" holes thinking I'd actually put the petals on the post of the brad. But I didn't like how that looked, so I glued them to a 3/4" red circle. Swirlies added by hand with gel pen.
Below are the paper buttons. Love how these turned out. Punched eight 3/4" black circles, glued two stacks of four, marked my holes with a pencil, then punched them with the small punch on the CAD. Sanded the edges just a bit, added hemp twine and frayed it.
Thanks for looking!